Conferences and Witness Trips
- Friends of Sabeel Conferences take place several times each year in major cities in the U.S. See the Past Conferences page for a complete history.
- International Witness Trips to Palestine and Israel occur each spring and fall. See the Past Witness Trips page for details. International Sabeel conferences are scheduled every two years and young adult conferences every summer.
- Alternative Travel in the Holy Land provides an added benefit to pilgrimage by connecting you with the "living stones" of Palestine, who live under military occupation. See the Alternative Travel page for an updated list of travel opportunities
- In the Footsteps of Jesus Friday, January 30, 2015 to Tuesday, February 10, 2015 Many of the first-century conditions that shaped Jesus’ life and ministry continue to shape the lives of Palestinians and Israelis today. On this trip we will engage the Living Stones: Jews, Muslims and Christians who live in the land.
- Faith in the Face of the Empire Wednesday, March 11, 2015 to Monday, March 23, 2015 Join Dr. Mitri Raheb as you explore creative ways of responding to the continuing tragedies and dilemmas of the Palestine/Israel conflict. You'll discuss different strategies for resisting empire and learn from the very people who suffer its daily injustice and violence.
- Places, People & Prayers Thursday, April 30, 2015 to Saturday, May 23, 2015 This cross-cultural encounter offers a wide-angle lens through which to view the Holy Land, sense the heartbeat of its people, and pray for the peace in Jerusalem. Please join us!
- Seeking Understanding in Israel/Palestine Saturday, May 30, 2015 to Saturday, June 13, 2015 Come and visit with Palestinian and Israeli peace and human rights groups in order to see first-hand the reality of Palestinian life and the impact of the Israeli occupation. This includes the wall, settlements, checkpoints, roadblocks, refugee camps, etc. Finally we'll consider what is needed for a just and lasting peace.